Where the news is much more than agendas and arrests: www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- Low 90s but expect another heat index of at least 100 degrees. Weather
- Business: A 28-minute video, more of a moving collage of images and memories than anything else, serves as an emotional farewell to East Rome's Kmart. Final days
- Judy Sims, longtime educator and Rome School Board member, has died at age 69. In appreciation
- Politics: Incumbent commissioner out in Polk; chief magistrate defeated in Gordon. Barto: Healthy lead for Bryson. Plus: Democratic National Convention updates. Politics
- Scaffolding coming down around entrance to Rome's City Hall today. Downtown
- Education: Georgia Milestones scores are out; links take you to expanded results for each local school. Education
- Education: Back to school round-up: Sales Tax Holiday is Saturday, Sunday. Some safety advice from Ready Georgia. And when those first bells ring. Back to school
- Harbin Clinic unveils the 2016 Faces of Hope today from noon-1:30 p.m. Hope
- Dr. Jason Harrison Joins Harbin Clinic Neurosurgery. Health
- Buzz: ECO Center offers a closer look at ... snakes. Floyd Board of Education meets Tuesday. Road work in Polk County. Buzz
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Remembering Mrs. Florence Deanne 'Boots' Cook. Obituaries
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Chattahoochee Technical offers two free Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events on Saturday in Acworth. Safety
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Registration begins for Tillman 5K, walk on Aug. 20.
- Parks & rec posts fall sports sign-up.
- Rome Braves win 6-5 over the West Virginia Power Tuesday afternoon.
- Next: Off today. At Greenville Thursday-Sunday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Minnesota Twins today.
- Links to high school football schedules. Latest check on workouts.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- At 7:40 a.m.: Wendy Davis, a super delegate to this week's Democratic National Convention, on what to expect later today.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Scotty Hancock on continued preparations for Aug. 20's Rome Celebrity Dance Challenge.