Where the news is much more than agendas and arrests: www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical's forecast:
- 50% chance of rain Saturday, 40% Sunday. But: We won't see anything close to what we need to ease the drought. Weather
- Special 'serve' to replace standard ribbon cutting at today's grand opening of the Rome Tennis Center at Berry College. Opening ceremonies.
- Pokemon Go is gone from Myrtle Hill -- and Porto Futurus is next. Poked
- Heard on the Tweet: EMS honored for 50 years of service. Big screen seeks 'Tiny' cabin owners. Tweet
- Health: Neonatologist Clark Montague, D.O., joins Floyd. Health
- Health: From students to adults, time to check if you're up-to-date as August is National Immunization Awareness Month. Health
- Weekend: $8 barbecue plate just one of the reasons to visit Oostanaula Lodge No. 113 F & A.M. Saturday. Weekend
- Smile Report: Redmond Regional employees together contribute more than $7,600 to Summit Quest. Smile
- Memorial services are Sunday for Judy Sims, longtime educator and Rome School Board member. Judy Sims
- No other obituaries from Thursday.
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Traffic: Georgia DOT, Google Maps or Waze.
- State business headlines: Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia jobs: Career Builder
- Rome High's 'soap game' returns Aug. 5. Unity, Georgia School for the Deaf schedules.
- Shorter's Ayana Walker in spotlight.
- Rome Braves on the road.
- Next: Today. At Greenville through Sunday.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: At Phillies through Sunday.
- Links to high school football schedules.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, 7-9 a.m., WRGA 98.7 FM.
- At 7:20 a.m.: Update on back-to-school traffic around the schools from WRGA's Austen Trevers.
- At 7:40 a.m.: Wendy Davis, a super delegate to this week's Democratic National Convention, on what to expect later today.
- At 8:10 a.m.: John McClellan on the informal start of the high school football season.
- At 8:40 a.m.: U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson on the latest from Washington including updates on the Veterans Administration.