The local news you need throughout your busy day from www.hometownheadlines.com:
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- Latest weather updates as Northwest Georgia is under a 70 percent chance of storms today; high of 89. Weather
- Permits issued for Smoothie King in Rome, Citi Trends in West Rome, Courtesy Ford. Also: Mall changes ahead? Business
- Business: 5 coal ash ponds at plants Hammond, Bowen to be closed by Georgia Power. Ga. Power
- Chattahoochee Tech to offer 'Civilian Response to Active Shooter' course in Acworth July 30. Safety
- Buzz: 50 full-time jobs open near Chattanooga. 'Hero's Battle' needs extras. Upcoming meetings. A night for a Knight. Buzz
- Smile Report: Floyd students earn scholarships from Kiwanis Club. Smile
- Smile Report: Georgia Highlands' releases President's List, Dean's List for spring 2016. Smile
- Remembering Mr. Billy John Dake, Mrs. Clara Faye Reeves, Imo "Momo" Lucille Pruitt Waddell. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores returns Tuesday. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Floyd Schools, first responders produce a chilling video that will change the way you drive, let alone your teenagers. Video
- 2016 Guide to Summer Camps in Northwest Georgia. Camps
- Vacation Bible Schools plan a busy summer. What's ahead. VBS
- Northwest Georgia traffic conditions via Google Maps or Waze.
- Today's business headlines from Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia's best source for job leads. Click Career Builder
- Rome Braves latest updates from the road.
- Next: In Columbia today; home Thursday-Sunday vs. Greensboro.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Links to high school football schedules this fall.
- Upcoming community sports events.
- Links to sports summer camps. Football, baseball and more.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, WRGA 98.7 FM (streaming)
Please join our guests from 7-9 a.m. including:
- At 7:40 a.m.: Kevin Brundle, Director of Tennis at the Rome Tennis Center at Berry College, on getting ready for a July premiere.
- At 8:40 a.m.: Mike Mathews, director of Richard B. Russell Regional Airport/Towers Field, on what's ahead at the airport as we observe General Aviation Appreciation Month.