The local news you need throughout your busy day from www.hometownheadlines.com
Ware Mechanical forecast:
- High of 93 today with a heat index of 97. Smog alert for Bartow; how to track local smog conditions. Weather
- Barbecue restaurant now looking at Bridgepoint Plaza as Cotton Block continues to sizzle. Plaza
- Business: Courtyard by Marriott now due by late December, early January. Two conventions on the way. Business
- Jobless rate updates across Northwest Georgia in May. Employment
- Latest updates on Paddle Georgia as the kayaks and canoes stop in Calhoun, depart for Rome. Paddle
- Education: Floyd Schools set three new student registration dates; first day of classes is Aug. 2. Education
- DOT contractor to do some painting maintenance at six key spots along the bypass. DOT
- Briefs: Floyd Board of Education meets June 28, July 7. Georgia Northwestern sets GED orientation set for June 28, July 12. Briefs
- Remembering Ms. Joyce White Clark, Charles A Nicholson, Mr. William Lamar Sims. Obituaries
- Public Health restaurant inspection scores. Dining
- Area arrest reports brought to you by Dr. Miniyar's Pediatrics. CrimeWatch
- Floyd Schools, first responders produce chilling video that will change the way you drive, let alone your teenagers. Video
- 2016 Guide to Summer Camps in Northwest Georgia. Camps
- Vacation Bible Schools plan a busy summer. What's ahead. VBS
- Northwest Georgia traffic conditions via Google Maps or Waze.
- Today's business headlines from Georgia Trend
- Northwest Georgia's best source for job leads. Click Career Builder
- Rome Braves open 'second season' tonight at 7 vs. Charleston.
- Next: Today-Sunday at home vs. Charleston.
- Mills Fitzner's Rome Braves' home game photo gallery.
- Atlanta Braves: Braves fall 3-0 to Miami. Home today-Sunday vs. Mets.
- Links to high school football schedules this fall.
- Links to sports summer camps. Football, baseball and more.
Hometown Headlines Radio Edition, WRGA 98.7 FM (streaming)
Please join our guests from 7-9 a.m. including:
- At 7:20 a.m.: Joe Cook, who's on the river with Paddle Georgia, updates us on the trip winding its way to Rome this week.
- At 7:40 a.m.: Jayne Wyatt of the Polk County Sports Walk of Fame debuting Saturday in Cedartown.
- At 8:10 a.m.: Donna Carver, director of School Nutrition for Floyd County Schools, on how the program is doing this year as we near the midpoint -- and how you can help.