Friday, March 29, 2013

Man scores $250K Mega Millions prize in Cave Spring

 

Media Release– A Georgia Lottery winner has scored a quarter-million dollar prize from the March 26 Mega Millions drawing. Michael Millsap of Jacksonville, Ala., won a $250,000 prize from matching the first five numbers from the drawing.

 

Millsap, 23, claimed his prize Wednesday at the Georgia Lottery's headquarters in Atlanta.

 

"I was at work when I saw this," said Millsap, who paints cars at a Honda manufacturing plant near Birmingham. "I looked the results up on my phone while I was eating breakfast, and my mind blew up!"

 

Chevron Food Mart, 2382 Gadsden Road S.W. in Cave Spring, sold the winning ticket. Winning numbers from the March 26 Mega Millions drawing were: 20-33-46-49-51 and the Mega Ball was 46.

 

Upon discovering his windfall, Millsap said he was "frozen in shock."

 

"My jaw hit the ground, and I'm sure the concrete shattered," he quipped. "I feel amazing."

 

Paying off bills and helping his grandfather pay for cancer treatments tops Millsap's to-do list, he shared.

 

Twenty-five of Millsap's co-workers from the Honda plant shared a $250,000 prize last year from the historic $656 million Mega Millions drawing held March 30, 2012.

 

 

 

No comments: